UPDATE April 2023! I'm so proud that Economist Impact's The Sustainability Project is a 2023 Webby Award People's Voice Winner for Best Writing (Editorial)!
I'm Nellie de Goguel, an award-winning content producer, writer, editor, interviewer, comms expert, systems thinker, and occasional panellist / public speaker / moderator.
I try to make sense of the world through words, data, imagery, and other creative formats — anything that clarifies the chaos and connects with a desired audience.
My subject specialties include sustainability, climate, ESG, just transition, oceans and the blue economy, cities, food, film and tv, and cannabis (to name just a few).
I started my career as head writer for PerezHilton.com and have since...
- Worked as digital manager and columnist for Providence Media
- Supported the City of Providence's Climate Justice Plan as Sustainability Strategy Manager
- Formed the sustainability, partnerships, and comms strategy as Director of Sustainability for a green travel startup
- Led the launch and managed editorial strategy for Economist Impact's "The Sustainability Project"
- Managed editorial for Economist Impact's World Ocean Initiative
Throughout that time I earned an MSc in Sustainable Development from Trinity College Dublin, was communications chair for the Rhode Island Food Policy Council, won three RI Press Association Awards, and moonlighted as a bartender.
Now I'm here for your writing/editing/content production/comms needs. I work with FT's Alpha Grid, Economist Impact, Business Fights Poverty, and others, and am a regular contributor to Cannabis Health News.
On a more personal note, I live in Worthing with my wolf-dog Basil and serve as the Communications Officer for the local Green Party.
Let's work together! 🤓💚
“While I live I hope.”